Business owners start off with an already full plate. Right off the bat you have to make sure that you have the proper systems and processes in place; that you have the right people on your team; and that your budget is well-planned and managed. With all this, employee training and development can be the last thing on your mind.
Training and developing your team members however, is essential not only for their job satisfaction, but for the overall well-being of your project. With a well-trained and developed team, you can be assured of high quality work and output, satisfied long-term employees, and consequently lesser downtimes and handoffs to new, less experienced team members.
Nurture Your Team with CoDev
Employee training and development is a big responsibility. Many business owners often don’t know how to effectively train a new employee, or how to train an employee who has already been with them for some time. With CoDev however, team member training and development comes easy. We assist our customers in providing their team members with all the necessary training they need, plus growth and development opportunities that will ensure their longevity. Here are some of the team growth and development initiatives you can expect from CoDev:
- Monthly Learning Sessions and Developer Meetups – All of our team members are welcome to join our monthly learning sessions, which cover various topics from stress management to developing better work practices. We also have regular Developer Meetups where developers cover certain technical topics, and have discussions that allow them to learn the best and latest coding practices from one another.
- Mentorship and Guidance – We encourage all of our team leaders and onsite supervisors to mentor their team members, giving them the guidance they need to work better and more seamlessly with their teams and customers. We also have a career coach available to help guide our team members through their career development journey.
- Online Courses – All of our team members can access online training courses of their choice on popular training sites such as Udemy and Pluralsight, and receive training reimbursement from CoDev for the online course or program they choose.
- Performance Recognition – Every month we recognize our loyal and top performing team members through performance and tenure awards. This encourages our team members to always do their best, and inspires them to stay with the company long term.
- Participation in Local Industry Events – Every now and then local tech groups organize events which are highly interactive and educational for tech professionals. CoDev often co-sponsors these events, and as such allow some team members to participate in them, and interact with and learn from their peers.
- Career Advancement Opportunities – We encourage our customers to give their deserving team members promotions when possible. Our onsite supervisors and career coach work closely with our customers in tracking the progress of their team members, and can assist our customers on when promotions can be given.
Grow Your Team with CoDev
Another way you can develop your team with CoDev is to extend it. The bigger your project gets, the more people you’ll need to keep it going as it should. Extending your team ensures that your current team members won’t be burdened with added responsibilities that will affect their work quality and the overall success of your project.
CoDev has over 12 years of experience in building and extending software development teams. We’ll help you find the right people for your project, and assist in any necessary employee training and development. For more information and to get started, get in touch with us today.